Tajine is one the most popular appetizers in Tunisia, You can prepare with chicken or lamb cut into small cubes or ground beef.
1/2 cooked chicken breast, cut to small cubes
2 cup diced potatoes
1 cup diced onion
1 green hot pepper, cut to small cubes
1 red pepper, cut to small cubes
3/4 cup black or green olives
1/2 cup chopped parsley
150 g Shelal cheese
1/4 cup grated mozzarella
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp turmeric
- Fry the potatoes and transfer to a paper towel.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the onion then chicken and peppers cubes, on medium-high heat. Sprinkle some salt and turmeric and mix continually for 3 min until they become golden.
- 2- In a big pot, beat the eggs with black pepper using a fork then mix together the chicken, olives, onion, potatoes, peppers, parsley, the Shelal cheese, and grated mozzarella.
- Preheat the oven 175 c. Grease and flour a pan then pour in the mix and on the top sprinkle grated mozzarella and into the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes till cooked then under the broiler to gain a golden color.
- Let rest for minutes then cut into squares, serve and… Enjoy your Tunisian Tajine 🙂